Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"I think I'll go kill someone with my car..."


Deciding to
Kill with Your Car


“I think I’ll go out and kill someone with my car.” ~ Said by no drunk driver ever . . . before they got behind the wheel and did just that. Most of them probably said some variation of, “I’m okay to drive.”
Tears filling the empty places of lost loved ones and names etched on cemetery stones are a heart-rending indication that, no, it was not okay to drive.

                                             * * * * *

Drunk drivers killed 9,878 people in 2011, according to data released on December 10, 2012, by The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Every day, an alcohol-impaired driver kills almost 30 people in the United States in motor vehicle crashes. That’s one death every 48 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment