Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Sneaks into My Sister's Garden



Sneaky Spring
Spring-ing into My Sister’s Garden

White iris
The Vernal Equinox doesn’t happen in My Sister’s Garden until March 20, which means it’s official tomorrow at 7:02 a.m. here in Central Florida.
Vernal: What’s that? It means spring. Often heralded by the first daffodil or crocus in northern climates, unless one pays attention, you could miss the signs of life in semi-tropical areas where plant life stays green most of the year. In areas such as mine, flowers don’t so much burst into bloom as meander, which is a nicer way of saying sneak.
I’m paying attention. Here’s what’s blooming in My Sister’s Garden the day before spring officially begins:

Amaryllis

Blue morning glory


Yellow Tabebuia





No comments:

Post a Comment