Friday, December 7, 2012

Ready for the Raptor?


Getting Ready for the Raptor

Not to Be Confused with
The Rapture


Raptor, rapture, they sound close enough, and I imagine more than a few folks would feel the rapture coming on should they face a real-life Jurassic Park experience. However, I’m neither a Biblical scholar nor a paleontologist, so I make no attempt to explore the important distinctions between the two, although meeting either probably results in the same gruesome conclusion.
So what is this raptor for which I ready my home? The raptor arrives in its splendid finery about this time each year and perches in a prominent place on my property.
It goes here, but months of Florida rain and semi-tropical growth have taken over the space.

The gardener has been busy editing and writing.

After only 45 minutes of serious trimming and cutting, the raptor’s reception area is ready and waiting.

Ah... space for growth and my raptor buddy.
I did get a little carried away, but cutting and clearing are so satisfying. And everything grows back so strong and healthy. I decided to keep the Zombie Hunting Permit in the front window. Things have calmed down in Miami over the last several months, but you never know what might head north on I-95.

I wonder if I can take out a rogue raptor if necessary.

The Raptor makes its annual appearance in a day or so. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment