Thursday, June 2, 2011

Milquetoast Musings...


Vanilla flavoring, white rice, pale lips, white shirts, faded Levi’s, flip-flops, subtle gold jewelry, quiet acceptance, hold my tongue, hold that thought…
All day, I struggled to find a strong belief, something that overtakes me with passion. I find only a void, and realize how long, too long, I have shied away from passion, power, risk.
Real vanilla extract, bittersweet chocolate, quinoa, red lipstick, green silk blouses, tight black pencil skirt, stilettos, dusty amethysts and diamonds removed from the box, shined and worn, speak up, speak out, walk tall, run into instead of away from the rain, face the fear, wake up—passion.

June 2 marks my second day of the  #Trust30 30-day writing challenge from ralphwaldoemerson.me

Single-sentence posts will join my other blog posts until the end of June as part of the "Trust Yourself (#Trust 30) Writing Challenge" from the Domino Project. It's "an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself."
http://www.thedominoproject.com/2011/05/emerson-pledge.html


No comments:

Post a Comment